This Privacy Notice sets out how we, AEC Tutors Limited, use your personal data. We take the privacy of your personal data very seriously and all data will be used and held in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, which brings the EU General Data Protection Regulation into UK law.
AEC Tutors Limited is a Data Controller and registered with the ICO under registration number ZA063689.
What data do we collect?
- We collect personal identification and other information on students, including name, address, email address, phone number, educational achievements and other such personal information required to complete the application process for AEC Tutors and external examination bodies.
- Personal contact information on students’ parents/guardians including name address, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Details of business and academic contacts for normal business and management matters.
- Electronic recordings from CCTV and video conference calls
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide AEC with most of the data we collect. Data is collected and processed when you:-
- Enrol online for a tutoring program
- Enrol online to register for examinations
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Use of CCTV and video conference recording facilities during tutoring and examination sessions
How will we use your data?
- Uses of this data include (but not restricted to) monitoring academic performance, statistical reporting, awarding qualifications.
- AEC Tutors holds data on business and academic contacts for the conduct of normal business and management matters.
- CCTV and video conference call recordings are used to protect tutors, staff and students and may be used for evidential purposes to support our complaint process.
AEC Tutors Ltd will not sell your personal data to third parties. Your data will only be transferred to third parties where this is required by professional bodies, it is necessary for the delivery of services by third parties to you, or as required by law.
How do we store your data?
- AEC Tutors holds data on prospective, current and former students. This data is held in a variety of electronic and manual formats.
- The web server that hosts our website is not used to store personal information of any kind.
- Personal data we collect is stored on secure, cloud based servers who comply with ISO certifications for IT and data security.
AEC Tutors Limited would like to keep you informed, from time to time, of other tuition courses or examinations you may find of interest in the future. You opted in to receive such information when you enrolled with us. You can opt out of receiving such communications, at any time, by emailing us at email@example.com
Your Data Protection Rights
At any point whilst AEC Tutors are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:-
- The Right to be informed – You have the right to be told what data we collect, how it’s being used, how long it will be kept and whether it will be shared with any third parties. This information must be communicated concisely and in plain language.
- Right of Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of Rectification – you have the right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold on you to be erased from our records.
- Right to Restrict Processing – Where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing of data.
- Right to Object – You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to Automated processing, including profiling – Data subjects have the right to refuse the automated processing of their personal data to make decisions about them if that significantly affects the data subject or produces legal effects.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Alternatively, you can call us on 0208 548 1312 or write to us at AEC Tutors Limited 221A High St N, East Ham, London E6 1JG
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard information, log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
Further information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org
What Cookies do we use?
|rc::a||Google.com: used to distinguish between humans and bots|
|Rc::b||Google.com: used to distinguish between humans and bots|
|Rc::c||Google.com: used to distinguish between humans and bots|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how visitors use the website|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site|
|Bp-activity-oldestpage||Used for internal analysis and website optimisation|
|Ads/ga-audiences||Used by google adwords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s online behaviour across websites|
|NID||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning users device. The ID is used for targeted ads|
How to Manage Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website shown above tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in some cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by AEC Tutors Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with AEC Tutors data protection representatives at email@example.com or directly with the supervisory authority.
The supervisory body for the UK is:-
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (Local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Changes to Privacy Notice
AEC Tutors Limited keeps its privacy notice under regular review and places any updates on our web page. This notice was last updated on 12th August 2020